Thursday, March 7, 2013

Can't Win 'Em All


I’m kind of having a moment. I feel as if someone doesn't like me. I believe I am a person who most people like. I’m empathetic, caring, genuine and highly entertaining. Why wouldn't people like me? Why wouldn't people want to be around me? (If you haven’t already realized, I may be a bit of a narcissist…)

Sometimes one must follow protocol and procedures. Sometimes these protocols are challenging and force us to be viewed in a way in which we do not intend to be nor want to be. I try as hard as I can to be my real self - always. I can say in all honesty, I have never done anything for money.  For reals, check out my bank account. I have always followed my heart in choosing jobs. I don’t think many people can say that their income has actually lowered as their education increased. I made more money with an Associate’s degree than I do with a Master’s. I mean, what the F is up with that???

It really bothers me when I’m viewed as someone who is focused on money. I am not that person. I am fine with buying generic shampoo or perfume. I’m fine with driving an almost 13-year-old car. I’m fine with wearing clothes I’ve had for years or only getting new make-up at Christmas and for my birthday. Those things don’t matter to me. What matters to me are my family, my friends and helping others.

I have cut back as much as I can to enable myself to be poor. I think I just wrote that. (Holding off another moment here.) I am a woman of integrity and class. I cannot be responsible for how others think of me. I can only be responsible for how I feel about myself. I am happy with who I have become. I am a loving, caring and sympathetic person. And if you don’t like me or feel as if I am not always giving my best? Well, not much I can say. Your opinion is your opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment